Thursday, December 23, 2010

Third Story

               Hey hey, its me CJ again. Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is I'm starting to work on my third story. The bad news is I've put it on the back burner already lol. The reason is because my guild was having its annual Christmas Party! WOOT! So for the party I was asked to write a short Christmas story. Unfortunately, I ended up rushing through it. The reason was because I had finals for college later this year. So I ended up finishing on the 22nd. This game be only a day to write up a story because the party was on the 23rd. Well my friends ended up coming over and distracting the crap out of me, so I ended up having to write the story pretty much in any spare time I had on the 23rd. Eventually though I got it done. It didn't come out as well as i would have liked it to, but what are you gonna do. It definitely isn't my best work and i don't believe i corrected it for grammar and spelling, so just bare with it if there were some. Since I haven't finished my third story yet, I'll let you guys take a look at the Christmas Special I made. So, from me to all of you I would like to wish you guys a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

It was a cold crisp Christmas Eve in the city of Prontera. The city was covered in beautiful lights and decorations were hung on what seemed to be everything. The city streets were still hustling and bustling with people. Everyone in town it seemed was out and about doing last minute Christmas shopping for their friends and family. Let us see what is going on over in the center of town. There we can see a familiar face. At the moment it seems like Iridescence is looking at the shops. Let’s listen in. “Hey there I was wondering what you had toys that children would enjoy” Iridescence asked. “I am looking for toys for my ten year old niece, nephew, and cousin.” The store owner looked around at what he had in stock. He was an older gentleman so it took him awhile to look around. After a while he pulled out three gifts. “Oh my god! T-these are p-perfect!” Iridescence yelled “How much are they?” The old shop owner looked at her and said “One million zeny.” Iridescence stood there staring at him, in complete shock. “WWWWHHHATTT!? That so expensive, are you serious?! The shop owner just looked at her and nodded. “Sigh…fine, but only cause I don’t have much of a choice” Iridescence replied. She paid the man and walked away mumbling to herself, “Stupid overpriced shops.”
As, the night went on Iridescence finished her Christmas shopping, and began to walk over to the south west part of town. There she walked to the house she rented for the holiday. As she entered the house, she heard laughing and giggling coming from the inside. “Hello? I’m home.” Iridescence stated. Just then the sound of footsteps running on the wooden floor began to get louder and closer. “IRI’s HOME IRI’s HOME!!!” was being yelled throughout the house. Just then three children came up and jumped all over her. They followed that my asking all at the same time “What did you get!?!? What did you get?!?!
“Hold on Hold on, calm down. You guys will just have to wait till tonight.” Iridescence replied. Simultaneously, all the kids said in a disappointed tone “AWWW!” At that moment a voice came from the other room “You know kids, if you don’t stay good boys and girls Santa won’t come.” It was CJ who walked in from the other room. Iridescence replied “CJ is right kids, you don’t want to get coal for Christmas right?” All the kids replied at the same time “No.” Iridescence then said “CJ, thanks for taking care of Nick, Patricia, and Heaven for me while I was out.” CJ replied “Hey don’t worry about Iri me and the kids had a blast, didn’t we kids?” The kids nodded in approval. Then Patricia said “We played tag and hide and seek and CJ made us dinner too” Nick replied “He made us mac and cheese…and it has bacon in it!” Iridescence looked at CJ with stern look and said “Bacon? Really?” CJ replied “Um…yea I thought they would enjoy it haha” Iridescence just stared at him with an odd look and then shook her head with a smile.
Just then a giant knock was pounding at the door. “Who could that be at this time of night?” Iridescence asked. Heaven replied with a smile “I’ll get it.” As she skipped to the door, the front door was broken down and a giant hand reached through the doorway and grabbed Heaven. “AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” she screamed “HELP ME!!!” At that moment everyone ran outside to save Heaven. When they got outside they saw a giant reindeer with a glowing red nose and a shield that had a face on it. “What the hell is that?” CJ yelled. The reindeer just stood there laughing and teleported away with Heaven still in his grasp. “HEAVEN! NOO” Iridescence screamed as she fell to her knees. CJ took Nick and Patricia, who were crying, back inside. Iridescence who was still outside was asking herself why over and over again in her head, when all of a sudden a jingling sound of bells filled her head. She picked up her head and looked around for the sound, but could not spot a single thing. Just then she heard a man say “HEY UP HERE!” She looked into the sky and what she saw was amazing. It was Santa flying right above her in his sleigh. “Santa?” Iridescence questioned. “That’s right it’s me. And I am assuming you just met Stormy Knight.” “Stormy Knight?” Iridescence replied “You mean that giant reindeer with the creepy shield” “Yes” Santa said “Believe it or not that was once Rudolph, and that shield that you saw him with is the reason why he got transformed.” “Well your reindeer just stole Heaven away from me! How am I supposed to get her back” Iridescence yelled. “That my dear girl is simple and yet difficult.” Santa replied “It is simple because to turn Rudolph back all you have to do is get rid of the shield, but getting that away from him while he is holding Heaven hostage is easier said than done.” Iridescence then said “If that is all I need to do then I will do it, my friend CJ is here with me and when he and I team up there is nothing that can stop us.” Santa replied “CJ? Ah you mean Cheddar Jack, I have seen what he has done this year and I know he will be a great asset on this quest.” As he said this CJ walked outside and was surprised to see Santa right before his eyes. “S-S-S-Sant-t-ta-a?” he stuttered. “What is Santa doing here? “No time to talk CJ we need to get Heaven back NOW!” Iridescence yelled. “How are we suppose to do that” CJ replied. Santa then cut into the moment by saying “Well that is easy, he is taking shelter in the deepest part of my toy factory “Iridescence replied “Great! Can you take us there?” Before Santa could reply CJ said “Wait but what about Nick and Patricia we can’t just leave them on their own.” Santa then said “I’ll keep them company in my house in Luite. They can stay with me and Mrs. Claus can make them some cookies and milk.” CJ and Iridescence both nodded and went in to get the kids. CJ walked out carrying Patricia and Iridescence came out with Nick. Both of them were still crying, but when they saw Santa they began to feel better. “Don’t you cry little ones” Santa said “We will get Heaven back no problem. In the mean time how would you two like to come with me to meet Mrs. Claus, she makes the best cookies you will ever taste.” The kids looked at Santa and smiled. But when they realized what was going on they looked at Iridescence with an expression that looked like they were saying if it was ok. Iridescence said to them “Go with Santa and don’t worry we will get her back.” CJ nodded in agreement. They handed the kids to Santa, and he said “I’ll teleport you two to the area where he is living. I will also teleport in the gears you will need for this battle. After saying this Santa touched his nose with his thumb and off went CJ and Iridescence to battle.
With a swoosh of wind and some snow following in, Iridescence and CJ were in the toy factory. Next to them was a bag. Inside the bag was a note from Santa. It read “Take this earth katar that was specially made for Cheddar Jack and this special spear, called Gelerdria, for Iridescence. Also in the bag you will find 2 white potions for each of you and a special butterfly wing that will teleport you back to my house just in case something goes wrong.” “Alright,” CJ said as he equipped the katar on his hands. “Lets get Heaven back.” Iridescence stayed silent and focused on the task at hand. The two of them walked through the factory for a half hour before noticing something. They saw a little goblin with a Christmas hat on go through the back wall. “It’s a secret door” Iridescence stated. “Lets go inside, that has got to be where he is.”
They walked over to the wall where the goblin went into. They pushed on the spot slightly so that they did not get noticed. When they peaked in they saw Stormy Knight standing over Heaven who was locked in a cage nearby. He made some odd sounds, which was followed by some evil laughter. Iridescence could not take it anymore. She jump inside the room and yelled “GIVE ME BACK HEAVEN, YOU OVERGROWN CHRISTMAS LIGHT!!!!” “Iri!” CJ yelled “look out!” Just then three goblins were surrounding Iridescence and getting ready to attack, but then in an instant they went down and CJ appeared next to Iridescence. “You gotta be more careful Iri, you’re lucky I am here to back you up” he said with a smile. He continued by saying “I’ll get his minions you get Stormy” Iridescence nodded. Just then Stormy summoned a Garm to his aid. It was a giant ice wolf looking creature that stood about half the size of Stormy. Without fear our heroes leaped into action. They were dodging Storm Gust after storm gust from both Stormy and Garm. As he was running around CJ was looked for Garm’s weak spot. “Damn I can’t find one, so it looks like ill have to make my own.” Garm began to charge up another Storm Gust when CJ threw a stone at him to break his concentration. Then he let loose a Soul Destroyer into Garms left front leg. Garm howled in pain and collapsed for a second. Then CJ sped in and went for the kill shot. He thrusted his katar into the neck of Garm and pulled it across to the other side. In an instant Garm fell to the ground and disappeared into shards of ice. CJ smiled, but when he turned around he took a shield thrust to his entire body courtesy of Stormy Knight. He went flying into the wall behind him, but he was still conscious. “CJ!” Iridescence yelled. “Don’t worry about me, get him Iri” CJ replied “I just gotta drink a While potion and I should be fine.” Iridescence nodded. When she turned around Stormy was next to Heavens cage with his sword held against it like would strike it. “NO, HEAVEN!” Iridescence screamed. He can see the tears rolling down her eyes in the cage. Stormy was laughing at the sight of Iridescence in pain. Just then a rock hit Stormy in the side of the head. It was CJ doing as much as he could to distract Stormy. “Iri do it now! He’s distracted” Using CJ’s distraction Iridescence launched her Phantom Thrust and pulled Stormy away from Heaven and close to her. Then she unleashed her Hundred Spear attack. In an instant Iridescence thrusted her spear into Stormy’s shield one hundred times. She then finished it up with one last move. She yelled “Spear Boomerang!” She threw the spear right in between the eyes of the face on the shield. The spear hit the shield and bounced back to Iridescence. Just then the shield began to crack. It then yelled and broke into thousands of shards. When this happened Stormy returned to being Rudolph. Iridescence then ran to the cage and opened it. Heaven ran right into Iridescence arms crying. She was so scared, but now she was crying tears of joy to see Iridescence. Iridescence picked her up and turned around to see if CJ was ok. “CJ are you ok to move?” she asked. He replied “Yea I’m fine one white potion and I was good to go again. Let me pick up Rudolph and we can wing back to Santa and give him the good news.” Both of them pulled out Santa’s special butterfly wings and teleported out of the factory.
In Santa’s house we see him, Patricia, Nick and Mrs. Claus all sitting around the fireplace eating cookies and drinking milk, when all of a sudden Iridescence and CJ appeared. Everyone turned around and saw them. They saw Iridescence holding Heaven and CJ placing down an unconscious Rudolph. “He’s a little beat up Santa, but with some rest and care he should be fine” CJ stated. “You two did a marvelous job. Thank you very much” Santa said has his let out a big “Ho Ho Ho.” He continued to say “How could I every repay you two?” Iridescence replied “That isn’t necessary Santa. As long as we are together for Christmas I could not want anything else” Santa smiled and then looked at CJ. “Well you know I could us-“ just then he got elbowed by both Nick and Patricia. CJ then said, “Oh come on I was joking I don’t need a thing haha” Everyone joined in on the laughter.
Santa then said “Well I could not thank you enough for helping me today, let me at least send you home.” Then he looked at the kids “Also make sure you guys go right to bed, you have had a long day, and tonight is my ride around the world to give out gifts. If you don’t go to sleep I won’t come” he said with a smile. The children nodded and gave him a big hug. Santa then touched his thumb to his nose and sent everyone back.
Back at the house we can see everyone teleport in. “Alright everyone we have had a long day. Let’s get to bed so Santa will come and bring us gifts.” Iridescence said. CJ got the kids into bed, and it seemed like they passed out almost instantly. As he walked out of the room and shut the door Iridescence walked up to CJ and gave him a hug. CJ was a little shocked at first, but then she said “Thank you for helping me get Heaven back, I don’t know what I would have done if I lost her.” CJ’s shock turned into a smile as he looked at her and said “These kids are like family to me too. I would do anything for them.” Just then they heard a jingle of bells. They both looked out the window and saw Santa flying in the sky on his sleigh. They both stuck there hands out the window and waved and Santa replied by saying “Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!”

No comments:

Post a Comment